His ever faithful and loyal puppy, Murphy stayed with him and was as gentle as a rambunctious puppy can be.
Chance's recovery was long and at times painful. I was known as the overly protective mother at the veterinary clinic. It was tough watching him limp around and trying to pee without falling on his face. There were many tears shed, many massages, much pleading to get his medications into him, and many many cleanings, and bandage changes. I knew we were on an upward swing the day I discovered him standing on the kitchen table and crying because he couldn't get down. He did get both of our plates licked clean before the crying began. YAHOO!
Sir Chance A-Lot remains my salvation and my most ardent love. When I leave to go to work, he looks at me with such longing in his eyes and I return his loving gaze. He is as much a part of me as my heart, or my brain. When I return home from work he greets me with 10,000 welcomes and stays at my side until I leave for work the next day. The adoration is one hundred percent reciprocated,

No comments:
Post a Comment